Friday, September 3, 2010

Trip back to MN

While Grant was in Florida I decided to take Kiana back to MN for a little while. Below are some pictures from our trip.

We took a trip back to the zoo with my mom and friend Heather. It was so miserably hot and humid we were only there probably two hours max. Kiana and I hadn't adjusted to the humidity yet, that we were both a little dehydrated after the trip to the zoo. I think the fish tanks were Kiana's favorite part. She was banging on the glass and talking to them.


Kiana got to go on her first ride as we were leaving the zoo.

After a few minutes of sitting in the car she stood up off the seat and was standing on her own.


Here you can better see her standing!


It was so hot that day we decided to hang out with my cousin Liz and her daughter Alex at their pool. This was the first time Kiana had been in a big pool so I wasn't sure how she would react, but she seemed to love it. I think she thought it was just a big bath tub, she kept slapping the water and splashing like she does in the tub.


Later that week we decided to go back to the pool so Kiana could try out a new swim suit we got her for our trip to Hawaii in December.





We went to visit her Great Grandma Verna for a couple days while we were back. The first night we took a trip to one of the nearby lakes to have dinner. I almost forgot how beautiful and big Minnesota lakes are!









The timing was actually pretty good since the weekend I was back was my Grandma's family reunion. Below are five of the six children still living out of a family of nine!


They had the family picture put on a cake, my grandma is sitting on the far left.

No comments: